Green Bean Almond Bake
Put a new spin on traditional green bean casserole with a hint of dill to serve to holiday dinner guests.
- 1 medium onion chopped, 1/2 cup
- 2 packages frozen cut green beans thawed, drained, 16-ounce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup 10.25-ounce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
Heat oven to 350°F. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until sizzling; add onion. Continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until onion is softened. Remove from heat;
Stir in beans and dill weed.
Combine soup and milk in bowl; mix well. Pour over green bean mixture; stir to coat well.
Spoon mixture into 3-quart greased baking dish.
Combine all topping ingredients in bowl; sprinkle over bean mixture.
Bake 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
I found this recipe somewhere. I can't remember where. Make sure to cook the beans really well.