Creamy Minty Hot Chocolate (Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic)
For those cold Alberta winter nights, or anytime one is craving a hot cocoa… This is a must save recipe.
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (Dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, Peppermint Schnapps (if using), and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla and peppermint extract (if using); stir well. Serve immediately.